Thursday, June 10, 2010

Happy Anniversary Baby...

“One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.” by James Earl Jones.

This day, June 10th is our 15th wedding anniversary and upon waking, I glance to his pillow and capture a quick look to Scott’s quiescent face as it ignites in me a reminder that all is well with my world. I attempt to pen the expressions of how deep our love, tenderness, affection, as well as our mutual adoration runs in my heart and soul, but the words escape me. What’s more, we can have an entire conversation with the mere contact of the flesh. Scott is my anchor in an unsure world that bids confidence in me and sureness of my core to venture forward and undertake the world, my world. There is no language of the heart so I will borrow from others.

So for my husband who swept me off my feet and restored my faith in marriage, who taught me that a relationship between and man and a woman does not need to be disparaging and hurtful this quote is for you: "For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.”

Happy Anniversary Baby, got you on my mind…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once remember meeting this girl after I had finsihed swimming in the aprtment pool. She was talking to this guy we knew as Nordtrac Joe. I hung around until he left and proceeded to talk to this girl that was from a little town in northeast Ohio. Finally thinking that she might be fun to go out with I said,"Are you dating anyone?" Her response was, "kinda!" Fifteen years of marriage later I guess she is kinda not dating anyone. Happy Anniversary Ms Wiggly.

Rambling Dandelions said...

And this girl -- bet she had calm, warm eyes and an open heart. Hugs, Tracy. Congratulations to you and your lovely husband. I also call my husband my anchor. For those of us tossed about in others' storms, an anchor is exactly what we needed. But how precious that it could be an anchor that afforded wide berth to float and dream and grow.