Saturday, July 10, 2010

Happy New Year!


Even though it’s Friday, July 9th and all our Ohio friends are actively creating summer memories, here in North Carolina on a year round school schedule we are in route into the 2010-11 school year.



Despite my trepidations....Yippee!, there’s excitement hovering as my boy who is now a ‘middle schooler’ carefully readies himself; choosing and ironing the ‘right’ clothes, blow drying the hair, and applying a spritz of body spray. An added sign of this new status is he now has to walk to his bus stop instead of our house being the gathering place. Although it is only three houses up the street to the corner, my heart held unidentified reservations. However, after he indulged me with taking ‘First Day’ photos so I could create a scrapbook page, he spotted a friend making her way to the destination and off he went; happy as a lark, bidding farewell, 'see you guys, love you!' guess there's no separation anxiety there, so does that mean we've done our job well? I surely hope so...

No comments: