Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Bucket List...

Hah, I’ve been thinking of creating a ‘Bucket List’ and for those of you who have never seen the movie it is about Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman who portray two terminally ill men with cancer who escape from the hospital and embark on a road trip with a wish list of ‘to-dos’ before they die. And no, I am not dying but a friend declared on Facebook she is starting her bucket list which reminded me that this was a task I had been wondering about as well.

I characteristically am not a very spontaneous or daring individual and I tend to like structure and predictability in my life; I prefer my feet to be firmly planted on the ground with few surprises, so it was challenging to compile a list of future aspirations. But I’ll give it the old college try and drum roll please? My Bucket list….


1.) Be a Grandma to Nicholas’ child/ren
2.) Swim with the Dolphins
3.) Visit the Hawaiian Islands with Scott and Nicholas
4.) Take a cruise that includes a visit to Alaska
5.) Obtain front row seats to the ‘Final Four’ with Carolina as a participant 
6.) Live in a house on the beach
7.) Have a book published complete with a book signing
8.) Go to England and watch Wimbledon
9.) Meet Denzel Washington
10.) Get letters from all my former students to catch me up on their lives
11.) Achieve a Doctorate from the University of North Carolina in Creative Writing

Ummm, that’s not a lot to ask, is it?

No comments: