Saturday, May 22, 2010

Connections...

My college friend is here from Ohio and I would depict our friendship as something that will live on in my life, most definitely in my heart. This particular friend has been in my life through good times and bad; although our friendship has slumbered from time to time, she has never judged me nor turned her back on me regardless of decisions I've made that have affected my life...My encounter of her has brought me face to face with some realizations of late.  


I think of the people that have entered and exited my life and I liken those relationships to that of a trees as I’ve pictured on my blog because I see such similarities of us as individuals to that of trees...we all have roots; we all come from a position that firmly hold us to our place on Earth. Good, bad or indifferent, our life is ours to behold and embrace and to learn significant lessons. It is the foundation of our being and our roots that guide us into our path that we conduct and direct. The trunk of our tree firmly holds us into the life we have chosen as our journey, as the branching off into various directions is exhibited  by the folks that affect our lives. Each limb, be it long or short are the people that have left an impression on us with relationships that remain stagnant or continue to grow.

I have been blessed in my life with wonderful people who have assisted in the carving of my path. It is only lately that I have been secure enough in my being that past individuals have been invited to enter the threshold of my life once again because I am firmly positioned in my being and do not fear judgment of others. To all those in my life who have encouraged or been part of my journey, I thank you. My trunk is strong, my roots are grounded and to every branch and limb that has been supplementary to my inner beauty, I am grateful. I like who I've become and I treasure sharing my being with those that have enveloped me.

1 comment:

boomchicks1 said...

My dear friend, you have a natural ability and a craft for writing. This is a calling I hope you continue to pursue!

I am so grateful and touched to hold a place in your heart and am blessed by your friendship. You also have taken up a permanent residence in my life and heart. It is true our friendship has gone through periods of slumber, but it has always been awakened with love and excitement that has sustained us during absences...I am profoundly grateful that you took the initiative to seek me out again because this past slumber was way to long! You must know beyond a doubt that you were never far away from my thoughts or heart when we were not in contact. I believe that both of us know each other well enough that time or distance has no bearing on what we mean to one another. People come and go in and out of our lives for a reason but our friendship is here to stay! I love you and thank you for being such a beautiful and loving friend to me...