Thursday, June 23, 2011

Got Books?


Hi folks,



Remember me? Hurricane? Yeah, I’m the cute golden retriever who is…well, cute! But I’m also charming and endearing and sweet—wouldn’t you agree?


Anyway, I’m writing to you because you expressed an interest in my book so I wanted to ask a favor. It may not be easy for Nee Nee to ask for help but truly I have no qualms about leaning all 75 lbs. of me against someone OR stepping on their feet to get attention. I also don’t hesitate to thrust my nuzzle under a hand, ANY hand so somebody will pat me.


Therefore, I have no hesitancy to ask you to buy my book. You know, I have only 20 copies yet to be ordered before my book goes to print. Isn’t that amazing? Just think, YOU could be just the purchase that puts me over the edge! But totally in a good way :)  I’m so excited I could just piddle on every fire hydrant.


Please help me out! Nee Nee said when the pre-sales reach 100; I could get a special bone, new doggy treats or perhaps a new toy. WOW! I’d love a new toy! or perhaps more ice cream?


So click on the website address: http://sbpra.com/tracyspaine/


When you are there you will see my beautiful picture; aren’t I handsome? I wrote a poem for you-want to hear it?


Order your book, or maybe two?

One for a gift and one for you!

Perhaps a grad or maybe Dad-

You’ll get a hug from Nee Nee, and a slurpy licky-lickie from ME!

Hee! Hee!!!


Thank you so much for helping me out.


Love,


Hurricane


P.S. Nee Nee apologizes for the high shipping and handling. She is one mad Mama over that but please don’t take it out on my Nee Nee! It wasn’t her fault! Actually they told her it was necessary to ship UPS Ground through the printing facility, otherwise there would be no tracking or insurance and, in the event there is a lost shipment, it can’t be traced or replaced. Okay, so now it makes sense.


20 comments:

Lin said...

The shipping is crazy on everything. Unless you are a big huge company that can offer free shipping to their customers, you are sort of stuck.

I hope you sell those 20 and a whole lot more!!

Out on the prairie said...

Sorry to hear shipping might be hurting some. I send a lot out and never lost anything.Years back I sent 300 lbs of books to the Czech Republic in a bulk bag.Good luck!

TexWisGirl said...

Hi Hurr! good luck on those remaining twenty!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I keep forgetting!!! Thank-you for the reminder that I need to order your book!!!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Tell NeeNee I can not wait for my copy and I should go there and by one for my dauther too...
I am so ready for you to do a post for my sight....we got to get these books sold I am dying to read it. lol
So email me the picture you want to use and post and we will get it on my site
Can't wait
Love
Maggie

Laura said...

I'll have to admit the shipping caused some hesitation, but it looks like something I'd really want to read so I just ordered it! ☺

Old Kitty said...

GOOD LUCK TRACY!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care
x

Carole Burant said...

Awww man, how can anyone resist Hurricane when he asks so nicely?? hehe I've just ordered the book:-) Shipping is high but then I sell on eBay and I'm aware how expensive it is in postage costs so it wasn't a surprise! lol Best of luck in selling enough of your books to get it published! xoxo

Susie Swanson said...

Good luck, and I love your blog and I'm your latest follower. I live in the Western part of North Carolina..Susie Swanson

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the pictures of the two of you! You're almost there, YEAH!!!

Dawning Inspiration said...

Congratulations on your book and good luck - praying for huge sales!

Jules said...

I think these people need to stop praying long enough to click the link and order a copy, I have! and I'm unemployed! :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Tiggeriffic said...

I love books. Congratulations on writing of this book. I have my grandson enrolled in 2 summer reading programs at the local library. He is 4 1/2.. I love it when he sits on my lap and we read lots of books.
Have a Blessed Day~! ta ta for now from Iowa:)

LV said...

I think it is wonderful you have such talent to write a book that is being published. I wish I was better with words. Trust you do very well with the book.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I Hope you sell those 20!

bj said...

What a wonderful talent...to be able to write a book is something I would LOVE to do.
Good good luck..I know it will be very successful.
xo bj

Debra said...

Just checking in on you and wishing you a very happy Saturday! I hope that you have reached your goal now!!! I am pulling for you and looking forward to receiving my copy:)

Hugs and love,
Deb

NCmountainwoman said...

I love your quote about life. So glad to find another NC blogger.

Talli Roland said...

Only 20? That's fantastic, Tracy! Fingers crossed for you!

Catherine said...

Good luck on selling your last few books. I hope you celebrate once you do!!

Hope you have having a super week Tracy!
xo Catherine