Wednesday, October 13, 2010

On This Day God Wants You to Know...


“God demands the totality of your being. That you invest all of yourself into celebrating the glory and the preciousness of being alive right now, no holding back and saving for later.”



Upon reading this time after time, I can’t help but consider called upon to ponder the subsequent questions; what does this signify in the context of my current life? Have I not totally invested my existence thus far to my students? My family? Have I been holding back?

What does this mean for the life I’ve endowed thus far? I’m on the precipice of turning 51 years of age as well as contemplating the hopes and desires I aspire for this life of mine. I believe as we age, we have more questions than answers, at least I do…Have I done enough? Is my life meaningful? What makes a life meaningful? Aren’t these questions the ones you ponder in your early adulthood?

This message is certainly time-honored, received on the day a literary agency responded to my manuscript, My Life as a Dog…. . They want to work with me because they are impressed by my writing; they feel I have potential….so is this the time I stop holding back, stop saving for later?

I have a good deal to celebrate. I raise my voice in gratitude daily for Scott, Nicholas and Hurricane, my family, friends, home, job, food on the table; the list is endless. However, lurking in the wake of each bend is the question; what else is there? And is this occasion my answer?

No comments: