Friday, October 15, 2010

Three Things I Think I Think...


“Truth is one forever absolute, but opinion is truth filtered through the moods, the blood, the disposition of the spectator.” by Wendell Phillips.

Once again, I often don’t dole out my opinions as a result of the quote, ‘Opinions are like ass-holes, everyone has them!’ ...while I am NOT a fan of that quote, it serves its purpose and typically if no one really cares to hear my opinion enough to ask, I don’t by and large serve it. So to share these things I think is an opportunity for individuals to either agree, disagree, or sustain; take your pick~

1.) I think all professional athletes; including coaches need to be paid similar to professional golfers. They get the ‘big bucks’ when and only when they win and the amount is contingent upon their effort and contributions to the team in addition to following a code of ethics dictated by the league rules. These multi-million dollar athletes, who receive these huge contracts and subsequently bomb out, continually lose games, or feign injury I risky business. Many perform poorly, are disgraceful shameful role models and commit multiple criminal acts yet continue to live in their multi-million dollar homes and drive their fancy automobiles. What is wrong with this picture?

2.) The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein; this read is now on my personal best -seller list. I’m a firm believer that books not only entertain but they replicate life and offer words of wisdom that touch our essence. This manuscript touched my soul. I’ve been stirred by countless books, but this one particularly settled in my heart with its recurrent messages of hope and determination moreover my spirit was cleansed by my multitude of tears that streamed by the acts of kindness generated within the pages of Mr. Stein’s book.



3.) I’ve been following the case in Hickory, North Carolina of little Zahra Claire Baker who was the focus of an Amber Alert, now a homicide case. In question is the girl’s step-mother Elisa Baker by which many, in fact all family and friends voice the woman was mean to Zahra and would beat her for the smallest wrong-doing. People who knew the family affirmed Zahra had a horrible home life. An understatement is that this situation saddens me and it enrages me! How can so many individuals stand by and know wrong is being committed and not do a damn thing about it? My heart aches for Zahra for the many obstacles she has endured in her young life, two bouts of cancer, a loss of hearing from chemotherapy, the loss of her leg; she used a prosthetic and a horrible home situation. A loss of life is never ever a positive incident, but I wonder if in this case, Zahra is now dancing in the Heavens…float away Little Zahra and may you find all the happiness~



1 comment:

Fannie Bess said...

Tracy, I am so proud of you. What a wonderful role model you turned out to be. I love you very much. Mom