Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Life as a Dog...


Devil Dog? Is that what I heard, DEVIL DOG? But, but…. I thought my name was Hurricane? I guess when I wake the family up too early in the morning my name changes, but what’s a devil? I know I have a dashing spirit, mischievous moments and I can be pretty reckless at times, but gosh, that’s pretty harsh, wouldn’t you say? However if I do have some devilish ways, I am serious when I say ‘I don’t really mean to’. I try to look at the numbers on the clock very carefully but sometimes all those lines mix me up and when I see a 5 I can’t remember if is suppose to be at the front of a number or in the back; I just get so perplexed and confused.

I’m letting you know this because I got scolded this morning for waking up my family at 3:05. How was I supposed to know it is a Saturday? Gosh, I know I’m a smart dog but don’t give me that much credit; such high expectations to live up to for a dog. Anyway, on any other morning when Nee Nee turns that box on beside our cradle- I say that because I claim that bed as mine too, the container starts playing music when the numbers say 5-0-0. I want to help them get up and I know there are so happy to see me because I’ve been asleep all night so they must miss me, right? So, I gather BIG AIR, and I bound on the bed and plunk myself right down in the middle…but then they start saying, ‘You Devil Dog!’ Me? What did I do? I’m just helping…

At any rate, this morning or was it nighttime? I just get bewildered and befuddled but what I thought was a 5 was really a 3 or maybe the 5 was just in the wrong place so I took my usual dive onto the bed and plopped all 70 lbs on top of Big Daddy. He protested and called me that ‘D-name’ again and so I wanted to make him pleased therefore I gave him a couple of ‘Wet Willies’ right in his ear with my tongue; at the very least sure enough to make him smile! UH-OH, he didn’t smile, he didn’t even pat me and after that Nee Nee groaned. I tried putting my head on her pillow to let her know I was sorry, but I guess in my excitement, saliva dribbled out of my mouth and when she fluffed the cushion under her cheek, well, you can only imagine what happened next. She ‘humphed’ at me and said, ‘Hurricane, it’s Saturday!’ SO? but gosh, even though they called me a bad name, they got up out of bed and have been up with me ever since…I don’t know what this Saturday thing is all about but to me, it’s just more time to play! I love this life….



No comments: